Wednesday, October 13, 2010

UFC News Update - October 13, 2010

1. UFC's top Octagon girl gets Playboy cover

UFC fans all know Arianny Celeste as the most popular of the Octagon girls, but now the 24-year-old will extend her exposure beyond the cage this month, in the pages of Playboy.
Celeste gets the cover and an additional eight pages inside.

Celeste hosts a web-based show about the sport at UFC.com, but makes it clear she has no fighting aspirations, saying "I don't think I could beat anybody up in the Octagon."
She describes her job duties as, "Just don't trip over your feet, and try to look hot and graceful," and adds that, "I love my legs. They're super-strong and lean. I'm proud of these stems." Read More | usatoday.com

2. Josh Koscheck: “My Goal is to Knock Georges St-Pierre Out”

There’s no point in competing against UFC welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre in a popularity contest, so Josh Koscheck isn’t about to try. In fact, he’s content with being the least liked kid on campus, just as long as he’s stacking chips at the same rate he’s collecting Octagon wins.

“I wouldn’t say that I’m a bad guy. It seems that way in the arenas, but when I’m walking through the airport or at dinner, that’s never the case,” Koscheck said during Tuesday’s UFC 124 press conference. “I have fun with this. I’m here to have fun, I’m here to make money and I’m here to win fights. Read More | 5thround.com

 3. 'UFC 124: St-Pierre vs. Koscheck 2' Poster

Following the press conference for "UFC 124: St-Pierre vs. Koscheck 2" the UFC released the poster for the event, which will be headlined by a UFC welterweight championship fight between Georges St. Pierre and Josh Koscheck. Source | mmaforreal.com

4. What Will It Take to Make UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama Interesting?

Having a hard time getting your mojo on over “UFC 120: Bisping vs. Akiyama?”
Aired on Spike TV free via same-day tape-delay, the fight features British mainstays Michael Bisping and Dan Hardy taking on (respectively) Yoshihiro Akiyama and Carlos Condit.

If the pure spectacle of the fights from O2 Arena in London won’t do it for you, then maybe a gaming interest will generate some juice. Read More | fiveouncesofpain.com

No comments:

Post a Comment